Monday, May 2, 2011

Oh the Spectacle of The Metropolitan Museum of Art Gala in NYC!


The pictures are in and we have seen some pretty fabulous dresses so far and some questionable ones. Keep in mind the Met Gala is all about couture and giving big shout outs to designers. I think my favorite dress of the night so far has been Brooklyn Decker in smoking hot florescent pink. It is just so sleek and I am a sucker for pink. It is Michael Kors of course.


Some of my other favorites of the night were:
Michelle Williams in Miu Miu. Love the detail and she is just rockin' that hair.

Gwynnie in Stella McCartney looking giant in the foregound next to Lea Michele in red. Unfortunately both Lea and her Glee costar wore red. Dianna Agron looked like she was in the Matrix and Lea looked like she was going to prom.

Emma Stone in Lanvin. I'm not in love with this floral pattern but I just love her so much that I will let it slide.

Glowing Kate Hudson in Stella McCartney. It is a little ethereal for me but she pulls it off. 

I am obsessed with Tory Bruch's earrings and I think both of thse dresses on Kristen Bell and Isla Fischer, which are by TB, are great.

It is like a really chic, hot version of Peter Pan.

I love a great yellow dress. Zoe Saldana is gorgeous in Calvin Klein.
And another yellowy orange dress. Vera Wang rocks. I'm assuming she designed this.

Elizabeth Banks in Tommy Hilfiger. I ddin't know he made gowns. He should make more!

Vera Wang in a very uncharacteristic Chanel dress. And then Andre Leon Talley is wearing a really big graduation robe.

Taylor Swift looks so elegant in J.Mendel.

Boring color  but very pretty in Donna Karen.

It would have been cool if Dakota had worn a little make-up with her Valentino gown.

This may be my other favorite of the night. Dianna is so sleek in this red Michael Kors. 

Mia Wasikowska in retro Thakoon.

There always has to be a dress like this at this party and Christina Ricci decided to take the challenge this year in a bold Zac Posen dress.

Channeling Veronica Lake in a white Jason Wu.



No comments:

Post a Comment