Sunday, June 10, 2012

An ode to shorts!



I'm not sure when it happened but at some point in the last few years, wearing shorts became accepted as high fashion. I mean women started wearing them in the 30's but it was usually just for a glamour shot or gardening or something. But then in the last few years it became acceptable to wear shorts as evening wear. I think we mostly have Gwyneth Paltrow to thank for this. And then this year Rachel Bilson convinced us that doctors can wear shorts to work on her show Hart of Dixie (though only if they work in a weird town in Alabama.) But I think shorts have become the new go-to go out wear (and in certain jobs professional attire) because they say "I wanna be sexy but I could also do a split right now and it would be cool." I love wearing shorts. They are so feminist chic. Here are some of my favorite shorts looks.

Jessica Stroup

Gwynnie



Audrey Hepburn

Lauren Conrad

Olivia Palermo


Reese Witherspoon



Green shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment