Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What Would Lisbeth Sander Do? And Why Rooney Mara is my New Girl Crush


So I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night and after all the hype I have to say, I thought it really delivered. Daniel Craig (who is just so gorgeous) was great but Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Sander was amazing. She will now be a household name. She looked the part, she had the accent and the girl was not afraid to show some skin. I really think that character of Lisbeth Sander is a great heroine for girls. She is unconventional but that is great. She is a woman in tech (yes it is illegal hacking but she is awesome at it so whatever), she kicks ass, she brilliantly punishes her rapist and she truly pulls off that whole piercings/crazy hair/black hoodie look. To be truthful when i wear my black pants and little black cap with a black coat I feel a little like Lisbeth. Plus I also have a Macbook Air so we are pretty much the same.


But in all seriousness I have liked Rooney Mara since her great role as Erica Albright in The Social Network in which she uttered that great line: "You are probably going to be a very successful computer person. But you're going to go through life thinking that girls don't like you because you're a nerd. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an asshole." Brilliant.




But anyway, in case you didn't know Rooney has been in the acting game for quite a few years though you may recognize her sister Kate Mara better (Brokeback Mountain, We Are Marshall, the scary mess that is American Horror.) But Rooney has been working her way through Hollywood with roles in Nightmare on Elm Street, Tanner Hall (which is weird but worth the rental for the fashion and Tom Everett Scott cuteness) and of course, The Social Network. And with this role she will be uber-famous. Plus, did I mention the Mara sisters won the genetic lottery? In addition to being gorgeous she was born into professional football royalty in Bedford, New York in 1985. She is one of four children born to New York Giants executive Timothy Christopher Mara and Kathleen McNulty, the granddaughter of Art Rooney, Sr., the founder of the Pittsburgh Steelers football franchise. Her father's grandfather was Giants founder Tim Mara. (Her mother's maiden name was Rooney.) She talks about a bit in this interview with Letterman.
Rooney and sister Kate




Anyway, Rooney's career is about to take off with this role (especially if they make the sequels) and so has her amazing fashion sense. I also love that she has kept the jet black hair. I can't wait to see what she wears at The Golden Globes  (she was nominated.) Here are some of her best looks:








No comments:

Post a Comment