Saturday, May 4, 2013

An Ode To Audrey Hepburn on her Birthday!



"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.Audrey Hepburn 





Today would have been Audrey Hepburn's 84th birthday. Though she has been dead for many years I think we can all agree that her legacy on film, her charity work and her amazing and iconic style is still very much alive today. 





Though many have tried, the world will never have another Audrey Hepburn (though I do enjoy when some celebrities dress up as her in pictures.) 
Oh God, Do you remember when Jennifer Love Hewitt played her in the TV movie? I am still trying to forget. 


Blair Waldorf has always been obsessed with Audrey
She would



But there a few things you can always be doing to live life more like Audrey Hepburn. Most of them have to do with style but she also had a genuine pleasant outlook on life. 

1) Get an adorable yorkie: 





Um check! Audrey was obsessed with her yorkie Mr. Famous. She was a lover of all animals, She had a pet fawn! After Mr.Famous was unfortunately killed she got another Yorkie named  Assam of Assam. Well, you can't say she didn't come up with original names. 

2) Sleeping is no excuse to look shabby




Okay, so this was Holly Golightly, but still. Love the ear plugs and the sleeping mask and the tuxedo shirt. This may have to be my next Halloween costume.

3) Embrace the stripes


Just do it. It always looks good. 

4) Never underestimate the power of a good coat:





 "The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair."

5) If you are going to smoke, look this cool while you do it:






Same goes for when you are sitting around playing guitar



Or cooking
Or drinking tea

6) Do rock a little black dress and heck, add a hat

Or a little pink one


7) Never underestimate the sexiness of a turtleneck
This is Audrey in the wonderful film Two for the Road in which she seduces the gorgeous Albert Finney with a tucked in turtleneck and

a trench coat



8) Do rock totally different hair sometimes



Including pigtails








9) Do be a glamour queen






10) "I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing."




Here is some Audrey style inspiration
Audrey Hepburn style


Karen millen
$250 - houseoffraser.co.uk


A P C a p c
mytheresa.com


Burberry burberry
net-a-porter.com


Ted baker
tedbaker-london.com


Bloch black ballet shoes
blochworld.com




Tom ford eyewear
$405 - flannelsfashion.com

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing!
    I adore all the lovely high quality images you have posted.
    Audrey was so stylish & you have captured this so well.

    Onyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She always lived LIFE to the FULLEST!!! I do miss her. Thank You for the memory's!

    ReplyDelete