Monday, November 12, 2012

Let's talk about Jennifer Lawrence







Jennifer Lawrence. Just wow. Not to sound cliche, but she has literally taken Hollywood by storm. She actually started out on a terrible TBS comedy called The Bill Engvall Show and then suddenly she's nominated for Best Actress for Winter's Bone. She goes on to star in the awesome X-Men reboot but that was just a hint of what was to come with The Hunger Games. 


My God. The Hunger Games. I loved it and wanted to cry the whole time. It was just so upsetting but she was amazing as Katniss and frankly put Bella and all those vampires to shame. We of course can look forward to her starring in the rest of those films and watching more children die but this month you can see Jennifer in The Silver Linings Playbook with the ridiculously handsome Bradley Cooper. 



Now I can't really tell exactly what The Silver Linings Playbook is about but Jennifer appears to be playing a widowed, sex addict who likes to dance. And we know what this means...big dance number with Bradley and sparkly clothes! What could be better! Probably more children killing children but this will have to do.


But the thing is, she also sounds like she is awesome in real life. This interview of her on Letterman is hilarious and shows how real she is.





I also love that she is a relatively healthy girl. She is absolutely gorgeous and has a great figure (with like no body fat as her famous Oscar dress clearly showed) but in Elle she recently pointed out that she is considered obese by Hollywood standards:

"I eat like a caveman. I’ll be the only actress who doesn’t have anorexia rumors. In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress."

“I’m never going to starve myself for a part," she says. "I don’t want little girls to be like, ‘Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I’m going to skip dinner."


So this is pretty much what is wrong with society if Jennifer Lawrence is calling herself fat but we don't have time to get into that. Let's look at her style instead.

She has a very laid back California look and reminds me a bit of Brigitte Bardot. Her off the carpet style isn't exactly my favorite but it works for her. Her red carpet style, especially for The Hunger Games junket, is usually impeccable. 


One of her best dresses ever. Perfection.



Gorgeous. 

Gold, gold, gold!

One of the best Oscar dresses ever!

Simple but she looks great. 

Love the purse. 

With her cutie boyfriend Nicholas Hoult.




This is her latest look. Not sure I love the hair or the scarf but it's not bad. 








No comments:

Post a Comment