Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm obsessed with Ikat!


Don't worry. I didn't know that was the name of the print that is sort of Last of the Mohicans meets Gossip Girl. Anyway, in case you were wondering Ikat is defined as  "the method of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft fibres," according to this great site called Wikipedia. Ikat is an Indonesian language word, which depending on context, can be the nounscordthreadknot and the finished ikatfabric as well as the verbs "to tie" or "to bind".  It also means super cute and fun! No, not really. I just added that last part. I wonder if the people that were sporting Ikat prints back in several pre-Colombian and South American cultures knew that it would be so trendy this summer?
I love this chair!



Anyway, Ikat is popping up all over the place. I just got a great pair of shorts from J.Crew (above) that are literally my weekend summer outfit. Now I just need the matching dress, scarf and purse. Here are some other great Ikat looks. 
Kristen Bell in a gorgeous Ikat dress
My style icon Rachel Bilson rocking a skirt
I usually hate what Vanessa wears on Gossip Girl but I love these shorts though they are not helping to convince me that she is the "poor one from Brooklyn".
Love these shoes by Oscar de la Renta and so does Jessica Biel.

No comments:

Post a Comment