Sunday, June 26, 2011

Are you ready for Pan Am?!!


You may or may not have noticed that of all the shows coming out this fall, there is a bit of a retro vibe. We've got the Charlie's Angels reboot, that show about the Playboy Club when it first started and the one I am most excited about, Pan Am.


I'm thinking these shows may have something to do with the success of that little show called Mad Men. Anyway, I am feeling mixed about The Playboy Club. They are trying to make Eddie Cibrian into the next Jon Hamm but it is just not going to happen. However, I think Pan Am does have potential. First of all I love that whole 1950's/early 1960's Catch me if You Can-era of flying. It was when people dressed up to fly and flight attendants weren't mad. The shows stars Kelli Garner (you may recognize her for that terrible show that it made it about two episodes, My Generation. It did not speak to me. It did not speak to anyone), Margot Elsie Robbie and believe it or not, Christina Ricci.



Little Wednesday Adams finally decided to do a TV show. I guess that guest spot on Grey's Anatomy got her hooked. Anyway, from the promo the show is pretty much about a fun, young group of stewardesses and the men who ogle them. No it actually looks very sweet and fun and like it actually possesses some of that Mad Men glamour. Take a look and I suppose take a look at The Playboy Club commercial if you must.



No comments:

Post a Comment