Sunday, June 19, 2011

I think Mr.Popper's Penguins looks adorable because apparently I am 8-years-old






But in all seriousness "Mr. Popper's Penguins" was actually one of my favorite books as a kid. Yes it is a book! The film looks like it completely changed the entire plot plus made it take place in modern day while the original book was written in 1938 and was about a poor house painter who get a penguin in the mail one day. The film appears to be about a divorced Manhattan millionaire who inherits penguins. 


Okay so the plot is probably totally different from my beloved childhood favorite but we do get to see Jim Carrey who has been absent for a bit. There is no one better at taking beloved children's books and turning them into complete pieces of Hollywood crap than Jim Carrey (Hello grinch). But he still knows how to turn on the charm and I think he is at his best when kids are involved and penguins!!! 

I LOVE PENGUINS! Remember that year when they were so trendy and hot? I mean first we had The March of the Penguins which was just ridiculously awesome. I mean do you remember the heartbreaking performance of those penguins? I mean with all the walking in the cold and the protection of the egg. That film had everything: drama, suspense, comedy (like you didn't laugh when the one fell on her ass and moaned) and birds in tuxedos. Then came Happy Feet which started off fun but then became this big depressing environmental statement. My favorite penguins were, of course, the ones from Madagascar but that is overall just an amazing film. But the penguins in Mr.Popper's are real (or at least CGI-real)! The dancing scene trailer is also adorable and I laugh hilariously at it everytime I watch because I truly am an 8-year-old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment