Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sometimes I listen to the Ghostbusters Theme Song in the Morning to Get Me Going

I really love Ghostbusters the movie and its a-mah-zing/iconic theme song by Ray Parker Jr. I actually probably didn't watch the film all the way through until like three years ago but then I became totally obsessed with it. This may be because I am extremely in love with Bill Murray especially in his role as Dr. Peter Venkman. I am always hoping to meet a scientist who will do silly dances outside of Lincoln Center for me but alas it has not happened yet. I did see Bill Murray in an airport last year and it was pretty magical but he was with all his kids so pledging my love to him would have been a little weird I believe. Plus Woody Harrelson was also there and things always get weird with that guy around.


Anyway it is a great New York movie and sometimes I like to listen to the theme song in the morning on my way to work. There are talks of a Ghostbusters sequel but we know nothing could be as good as the original.

One of my favorite lines from Ghostbusters:
Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions. 
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"? 
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff. 
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly. 
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! 
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... 
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave! 
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! 
Mayor: All right, all right! I get the point! 

P.S. Other great Bill Murray movies you must watch include Groundhog Day, Lost In Translation and Zombieland.

No comments:

Post a Comment