Thursday, May 5, 2011

Are you so ready for Something Borrowed?!


I have been waiting for months! I mean Something Borrowed is everyone's favorite chicklit book turned predictable romcom after The Devil Wears Prada and Bridget Jones' Diary but probably before Confessions of a Shopaholic and The Nanny Diaries. And the cast for this film is priceless! I mean we've got Kate Hudson playing Darcy who is one of those bitches you want to be friends with because they are actually really fun and charismatic, John Krasinski (one of my top fake boyfriends) as the humorous perfect platonic guy friend and then ridiculous hot Colin Egglesfield as the man Darcy may kinda be in love with but is engaged to and the object of Rachel's (Ginnifer Goodwin) affection. Did I mention Rachel and Darcy are best friends? DRAMA!
The film is based on the book by Emily Giffin

Anyway, it is so great to see Ginnifer Goodwin in these leading roles. Not that she isn't leading lady material but this is a girl who started off as an awkward high schooler who pined for Justin Long on the TV show Ed. I mean Justin Long!
Ginnifer on Ed

Then she played a few more sidekicks to skinny blonds in Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! and Mona Lisa Smile (though she gets a guy in that one so maybe it doesn't really count). And then she got Big Love which allowed her to shine and work with a great ensemble. But I would say her big break was in He's Just Not That Into You which is one of my favorites. I just watch that movie whenever I am wondering what not to do with a guy. Ginnifer has also been smart in her movie choices because she is not afraid to take a small role in a great film like A Single Man, Walk the Line and Ramona & Beezus (which is such a cute film by the way if you haven't seen it. Plus she gets together with Josh Duhamel in it and she had to watch him fawn over Kate Bosworth in Tad Hamilton!)

I also love Ginnifer's style. Though she is all about the short hair (and making a face when she poses) I think she looks beautiful with long hair as well. Ginnifer is very into statement dresses and wearing bold colors.
Love this except for that ridiculous bag.

Possibly my favorite Emmy dress of all time.

This is a tough dress to pull off (and eggplant is a tough color) but she does.

I love a crazy jacket like this but this is a little mature for her.

Love the pink frills with a punky haircut.

Beautiful

She wears this well.

Cute with long hair.

Love the orange with the necklace.




No comments:

Post a Comment