Wednesday, May 4, 2011

They have made a Winnie the Pooh movie and I may or may not have cried during the trailer.

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie the Pooh
And yes I will admit I saw the trailer when I was watching the movie Prom which I thoroughly enjoyed. They played that Keane song that they always use on Grey's Anatomy and maybe it was just the combination of being back in the Hundred Acre Wood and seeing Christopher Robin (shouldn't he be like 60 now?) and all his little friends just hit me. Or maybe I was just super excited for Prom. But Oscar nominee Abigail Breslin was seeing the movie too (with her mom) which made me felt validated in my choice of cinema. 


Basically there is something I have to admit. My name is Meredith and I love Disney movies. No not all of them but I adored Tangled, The Princess Diaries, Freaky Friday (both the Jodie Foster version and Lindsay Lohan), The Parent Trap (oh young Lilo) and then the classics like Mary Poppins, Robin Hood, The Sword and the Stone and dozens others. 


Anyway, so Disney has decided to reboot the Winnie the Pooh franchise with a full-length feature. And they aren't making it weird by using that weird CGI animation or whatever. I am talking classic pooh with the beautiful E.H. Shepard illustrations. And the whole original gang is back! Winnie, Eeyore, Owl, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, Tigger and Piglet!! Plus John Cleese is narrating!!


I will admit though when you look at the Winnie the Pooh characters as an adult you can't help but notice that Pooh has major OCD, Tigger also has OCD and a possible addiction to amphetamines, Piglet has horrible anxiety, Eeyore is perpetually depressed, Rabbit is paranoid and Owl talks too much. Oh gosh now I am remembering them using this as an example in a psych class in college. Oh college.

So watch the trailer. I dare you not to cry.





No comments:

Post a Comment