Sunday, May 22, 2011

So I want everything in the Kate Spade store


I took a quite stroll through the Kate Spade store in the Flatiron district and it literally took all my strength to leave the store without spending all my money. EVERYTHING IS SO FRIGGIN ADORABLE!! Kate Spade has really taken it up a notch this year. She launched a new ad campaign starring everyone's favorite red head (well after Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Isla Fischer, Debra Messing, Laura Prepon and that new girl in The Tree of Life) Bryce Dalls Howard! Well anyway the campaign is super cute.


Kate has just taken preppiness to the cute extremes with all of her new accessories and shoes and now clothing! Plus I love all her iPhone and lap top cases. And they always make the story so nice looking that you just never want to leave. This Kate Spade looks like a really hyped-up, uber preppy version of Alice in Wonderland but with more purses.



So this is the history of Kate Spade according to me. When I was in high school, so the late 90's/early 2000's, you were nobody until you owned the little black Kate Spade purse. As Charlotte York reminded us on Sex & the City (don't you just think of Charlotte York when you think of Kate Spade?) her Kate Spade purse couldn't fit any tampons (Miranda: Wow. Kate must have a really tiny vagina) but boy was it cute. And, no, it really couldn't fit much but it was a status symbol. If you had a ton of money then you could get they even bigger black purse or if you were a little wild you could get it in red. And then of course Kate Spade purses became the most popular fake ones to buy on Canal Street. After "Prado" bags  "Kade Spate" bags were the next best thing. I will admit I definitely had a fake one that I bought out of a suit case.

But then I remember not really caring about Kate Spade after being so obsessed in high school. I even recall my mother giving me a very cute pink one in college that I remember thinking "When the heck am I going to use this?" But then like so many brands Kate realized she could do more than just make purses and moved into jewelry, shoes (like the ones below!), gadget accessories and other adorable things. Here are some of my favs:








No comments:

Post a Comment