Monday, May 30, 2011

Moccasins and Boat Shoes



These are two very important shoe types and here is why. The moccasins got really popular when the whole leggings look got cool around 2007. Moccasins were on the most popular shoe pairings for what to wear with your leggings. They came somewhere after Uggs and ballet flats but before Converse sneakers. Did we all want to feel like we were a part of Last of the Mohicans? I don't know. But I do know that moccasins are just such amazingly comfortable shoes. I stupidly used to run around New York City in a pair of mocs that were literally slippers but I didn't even care. I probably won't be able to walk by the time I am 40 but it was totally worth it. Plus come Halloween you throw a feather on your head and where some black leggings with your mocs and you are set. Of course, eventually moccasins then evolved into the moccasin booties which were very popular with the celeb folks. 





So now for the boat shoes. I myself have been behind the times with these shoes. Sperry's have always been a staple of the preppy wardrobe but this spring they have a full-force comeback. They are The TOMS of 2011. Everyone and their mother is sporting them in all different kinds of color including pink, gold and silver. Most people are pairing them with skinny jeans or shorts. Blake Lively appears to be a big fan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment