Sunday, May 15, 2011

Not Sure How Monte Carlo Isn't On The ABCFamily Channel But I do love me some Selena Gomez



Oh Selena. Of all my favorite Disney child stars you are my new favorite. I mean I've just given up on Lindsay and then Demi Lovato had promise until the whole violence rehab fiasco thing came about (was it really worth it Demi? Over a Jonas brother?) I don't mind Hilary Duff (Cheaper by the Dozen 2 is a classic film) and I will not lie and say I have not downloaded a song or two (Wake Up is very motivational) but she can't seem to get a movie that doesn't go straight to DVD or ABCFamily. 

Anyway, I had no idea who Selena Gomez was until about two years ago when I was introduced to a little show called The Wizards of Waverly Place. If you haven't seen it, it is pretty much on at least seven times a day on The Disney Channel and it s quite amazing. It is about a family of wizards who live on Waverly place (well that was obvious) and Selena stars as their only daughter. She has got sass, a great fashion sense and is friggin' funny. Plus she also sings the theme song so blam-o. Selena Gomez is of course one of those amazing stories that only Disney could find. She was born to a single and very young mom but they were determined and Selena ended up on the Barney show (with future rehabber Demi) and then worked her way up at the school of Disney until she was given a show and an album.  I haven't heard much of her music (though the theme song rocks) but I heard from my 11-year-old friend Anya that she rocks in concert and you gotta believe what the kids are saying. 
Selena on Wizards



Selena is wrapping up the final season of Wizards and heading off to make a dent in the movies (though she already co-starred in last summer's Ramona & Beezus which is excellent if you haven't seen it) starting with this summer's Monte Carlo. Now you will probably watch the trailer and wonder how this gem of a film isn't going to be on ABC Family. The plot is about three best friends (Gomez, Leighton Meester and Katie Cassidy) who head off to Europe after high school graduation but of course they lose their room or their money or something and end up homeless so of course the only logical thing they can do is have Selena's character,  Grace, pretend to be her doppleganger who is a British heiress (happens all the time). So they get to stay in this amazing room and go to awesome places and then there is a prince who falls for the real Grace but she is lying to him by posing as an aristocrat. Ugh, I hate it when this happens to me! So basically it is The Prince and the Pauper meets Princess Diaries plus Eurotrip. And then somehow Cory Monteith from Glee shows up as well as . Well as bad it looks I will probably see it. And yes this is the same Selena Gomez who is dating Justin Bieber but I was trying to not mention that because I find it quite weird and disturbing on many levels. 


But here are some of my favorite Selena looks:
Love a girl who can dress up shorts

Gorgeous in orange



Filming Monte Carlo



No comments:

Post a Comment