Saturday, May 21, 2011

X-Men: The New Class Is Going To Be Friggin' Awesome



In case you haven't heard about the 908 superhero films are coming out this summer. Thor is already out (or as I like to call it Kenneth Branagh's mid-life crisis and Natalie Portman's fun experiment what is it with her and the random movies? This and No Strings Attached? Doesn't she know we can now only look at her as a crazed, anorexic half-bird ballerina?) then the Green Lantern which honestly looks just too cartoonish for me (though I do love me some Ryan Reynolds), Captain America which looks alright except I can't handle the CGI-created tiny Chris Evanson in the beginning of the movie before he becomes obnoxiously muscley. There are probably five more I am missing and of course we still have Spider Man to look forward to in the fall starring my boyfriend Andrew Garfield. However, the film I am excited about is X-Men: First Class. The X-Men films have always been my favorite. I don't know if it is the diverse and great casts (Hugh Jackman, James Marsden, Famke Janson, Halle Berry, Ellen Paige, Anna Paquin and Rebecca Romijgn in the first few) or that I really like weird powers like becoming invisible, or shape shifting, or turning things to ice but I just find them to be entertaining and this next one is going to be awesome. First of all it stars James McAvoy as the future Professor Xavier and he is just such a great actor and so darn cute. Then we got all these new cute kids like Zoe Kravitz (she has wings or something), the ridiculously hot Jennifer Lawrence (she pretty much wore underwear to the Oscars), Nicholas Hoult (Lawrence's real-life boyfriend and he was also the boy from About A Boy. Good job growing up. I did not see things working out this well for that kid) and Rose Byrne as the possible love interest of Xavier. The trailer is awesome and I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment